CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 17, 2011

Hoping for a dry and warm office tomorrow.....

Tomorrow it’s back to work and I hope, actually I’m praying my office is dry, warm and smells ok. Why you ask….. This is what I walked into Friday morning at 7:30a….

clip_image002
clip_image003
clip_image005
clip_image007
I walked into a raining office and when I say raining….I mean literally a light misty rain was coming down in my office. I called the maintenance department and about six men came to the rescue. How many maintenance men does it take to fix a leak?? Six, one to climb the ladder and five to watch; it was comical, my co-worker and I watched from across the hall as five of them stood there watching the one guy climb the ladder and shut off the valve. When I left on Friday afternoon they had brought in a de-humidifier and about four commercial fans to dry the floor out. On the left of me is an office and on the right is another office. The water got just inside those offices too. It truly was a mess. Besides the pipe that has to be replaced there is also a coil. They told me it would be fixed in two days if they have the coil on hand....well knowing them like I do – I’m guessing I won’t have heat for about two weeks. I may have to take a heater with me. So…I’m not planning on getting much work done tomorrow, because I’m sure I will have to deal with the mess again.

2 comments: